Sunday, March 20, 2005

Finding my wayonline

I've finally found out where to get online in Porirua, the town closest to where Ken's parent's live at Titahi Bay. I've written a long tome about the trip into New Zealand, but I'm at the library, and can't attach my thumb drive here, so that entry will have to wait until I get to Sydney this evening.

It's amazing to me how quickly I've adapted to being here. I'm not driving--that's a bit too advanced for me--but I do manage to look the correct way when crossing the street. I've been here enough to be familiar with the surroundings, which is comforting. The weather's been good--warm and sunny.

I'll write later this week about what's happening with Ken's mom, which is the reason we are here. She's okay at the moment, but there have been two ambulance trips to the hospital since we've been here due to epileptic attacks she's had. One thing to note--it's nice to not have cost factor into the decision of whether to call the ambulance or not. Unlike in the States, it's free.

More from Sydney............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Diva,
You arrive and Kate returns. I hope all goes well with Ken's mom. Lot's of Love from the East Coast. Shelby

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn: Here are some pictures of the Shushan Shuk. The guy with the jester hat is Rabbi Loevinger. More later!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeDM27Fu2ZMQA