Sunday, April 29, 2007

Counting the Omer Day 26 - 3 weeks, 5 days

Today is Hod she b'Netzach - a day of humility in a week of endurance.

We're in the second half of the omer period and I've managed to keep the count and the daily blog. This is the first time I've find myself with a complete loss of words for an entry. I plugged the words humility and endurance into the Google images search engine, and found this link to Dr. Seuss on the first page. Why did this come up? Because of this sentence: "Dr. Seuss was described as "the German brewer's kid" and was nicknamed the Kaiser. Yet he overcame, these situations with a sense of humility and endurance."

So, on this day, I give you one of my all time favorites, Dr. Seuss--a man who taught many of us important lessons of tolerance with the humility and endurance he learned as a kid.

No comments: