Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Counting the Omer Day 21 - 3 weeks

Today is Malchut she b'Tiferet - a day of majesty in a week of compassion.

Today is Yom Ha'Atmaut - Israeli independence day. We added Hallel to the morning minyan service, and I read the "Dry Bones" Ezekiel to the morning minyanHaftarah in English. The prophesy of the time in Jewish history from the aftermath of the Holocaust to the formation of the State of Israel is so clear. An ancient prophesy fulfilled just before I was born. I am in awe.



For my personal commemoration of the day, I'll introduce you to the work of Israeli artist Gilad Benari. His photographic work is visually stunning. Go here to see a gallery of his photos. If you have PowerPoint player you can go to his website - www.giladbenari.com - and download some slideshows that a part of his "A different look at Israel" series.

Enjoy

No comments: