Tuesday, May 05, 2009

American Idol in Hebrew


היום ששה ועשרים יומים שהם שלשה שבועות חמשה יומים לעמר
Today is the twent
y-sixth day of the omer - three weeks and five days
הוד שבנצח
A day of humility in a week of endurance



I will admit it---I do follow American Idol, especially in the last couple months of each series. And in my opinion, this year's group is the most talented I've heard. My favorite, like so many, is Adam Lambert. The week he performed "Mad World" was the clincher for me. You can hear his rendition here.

Today on Facebook my friend Rebekah posted this link from Haaretz with a duet Adam sang with the Cantor of Temple of the Arts in LA. I then did some of my own clicking around and found this video from a Tribute to Rabin concert held at University of Judaism on November 29, 2005.

There's some discussion on this Haaretz page of whether or not he's Jewish---but there's no doubt he can sing.....


No comments: