Friday, December 08, 2006

A Golden Moment

This morning was like most other mornings--up early, got dressed and drove to the JCC for minyan. But when I got out of my car, the world was bathed in gold--it was truly amazing. The sky, the buildings, the ground--it was like a brush washed color over everything. Walking down the street, turning my head around in wonder, I saw a man in front of me in the same state--head circling, eyes wide, gazing at the scene around him. I walked past him, smiling, "Amazing, isn't it" He smiled back, "Yes, isn't it wonderful."

A blast of golden light in the sunrise of this dark time of year. The layer above that reflects the light towards the earth are the clouds of the coming storm. Reminders that there are blessings to be found in the shadows and the rain.

No comments: