Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Double Dose of Tiferet

היום שבעה עשר יום שהם שני שבועות ושלשה ימים לעומר
Today is seventeen days which is two weeks and three days of the omer
תפארת שבתפארת
A day of compassion in a week of compassion

Of all the sephirot, I'm feeling Tiferet - what I'm choosing to translate as compassion - the most deeply this year.

I feel it personally, realizing I need to cultivate a path of compassion for myself in order to keep moving forward in my life.

I feel it professionally, especially when I teach--understanding that compassion for my students brings me the opening I need to reach them.

And I feel, more and more, that compassion is something that is being lost in the world today--something we must reclaim. For with compassion comes understanding. And it's only through understanding that we can have peace.

כן יהי רצון

May it be so

No comments: